There may not be a food I love more than Lomo Saltado so I’m posting the Lomo Saltado Recipie for everyone who’s also a fan.
- Beef tenderloin: 1 1/2 pounds
- Oil: 3 tablespoons
- Red onion: 1 thinly sliced
- Garlic, minced: 2 or 3 cloves
- Ajís amarillos or other chile peppers: 2 or 3 in strips
- Roma tomatoes:3 in strips
- Soy sauce: 1/4 cup
- Red wine vinegar: 4 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- French fries, freshly cooked : 1.5 pound or Hot cooked rice: about 6 cups
- Peruvian Mayonase
- Cut the beef against the grain into strips about 2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick. Fry the fries or rice.
- Heat the oil over high flame in a large pot or wok until it shimmers. Add the beef and stir fry until it is just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- You may want to add more oil to the pot or wok. Return it to high heat and add the onion, peppers and garlic. Stir fry until the onion is cooked through, but still a little crunchy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper and stir fry for about 1 minute more. Return the beef to the pot or wok and salt and peper to taste.
- Serve the Lomo Saltado over the Rice or French fries- or both depending on how much you want to indulge. If you really don’t care about fat go ahead and add some mayonnaise… Don’t judge me till you try it!